|My Huawei P9 Lite with a Samsung style theme...|
- Got the 2nd set of cores (4 - 7) scaling; before it was pegged out over 2ghz.
- Set the minimum frequency of the gpu so it can scale. Before, I had manually set it at max for testing...
- Set the minimum frequency of the ram (ddr) so it can scale.
- Set the default ddr scaling frequency to "mali_ondemand". This takes care of most of the "tearing" on the screen.
NOTE: If you have any experience with "governors" and frequencies and want to experiment you can adjust frequencies for the ddr and gpu here:
and the cpu here:
I also decided to go through framework/res overlay and add anything that might be useful for this device.
- Enabled adaptive brightness
- Enabled all tethering
- Wifi hotspot
- Disabled hardware button configs
I had a chance to test the sensors and it seems that the lux,prox,acc and orientation sensors are all functioning while the gryo,airpressure and thermal sensor are not working. However the thermal-daemon is up and running and it is reporting temperatures. I'm planning to write a standard sensors lib for all the sensors but I checked on the gyro sensor and even when turned on, it's not reporting data. In fact it hangs while trying to get_data. So, I'll need to hunt it down in the kernel and see what's stalling it out.
Also, although I have not tested it. The issue with wifi not saving passwords is most likely fixed in this build. If it is not please let me know.
I have looked at the "deep sleep" issue closely. It seems that during the resume process "local_enable_irq" hangs starting here:
I've tried to re-arrange the resume process to bypass the hang but to no avail. When I first started this project, I wanted to download the kernel directly from the Huawei but all the links I tried failed so I used a repo that someone had already modified. The next thing I'll try is to revert those changes and see if it helps.
Download on the download page as always...