- Good file manager app. ( I use ROM Toolbox )
- Good text editor app. ( I use ROM Toolbox )
- Make sure that /system is writeable. You may need to manually remount system rw:
- In terminal app:
- mount -o remount,rw /system
- Using ADB
- adb root
- adb remount
If you're on a recent KitKat build, such as Beanstalk 4.4+ then:
- Use the file manager to browse to the file /efs/imei/.nvmac.info and open it with a text editor.
- Inside you will find your mac address, change it to any valid mach address you like.
If you're on an old KitKat build or an older incarnation of Android then:
- Use the file manager to browse to the file /system/vendor/firmware/nvram_net.txt and open it with a text editor.
- Scroll down till you see a line that starts with macaddr=
- What follows is your wifi mac, change it to any valid mac address.